Monday, December 18, 2017

Double Wrap Infinity Scarf

I wanted an infinity scarf to match my Textured Bun Hat so I started looking for patterns on Ravelry, but I didn't see anything free that I liked.  Even the pay patterns weren't anything that I really loved and said I NEED THIS NOW, so I figured I'd just try making one without a pattern! YAY!



Below are the steps I took in case someone else stumbles across this scarf and likes it. :)



Hook: J/10 - 5.75mm

Yarn: Vanna's Choice Charcoal Grey and Silver Heather, Wool-Ease Blush Heather, and Ironstone Papicoco White (discontinued).  All are #4 Worsted/Aran.

Note: ch at start of each row does not count as a stitch. The first stitch should be in the same stitch as the ch.  When joining at the end, always join to first stitch (not ch).  A pattern I made recently called for this and it hid the seam better.  Also, some stitches don't end evenly when you get back around, so I just did what I thought looked good at the end.

1. ch220, join in a circle with ss
2. ch2, hdc in each ch, ss to 1st hdc (220 hdc)
3. ch2, dc in back loop of each st, ss to join (220 dc)
4. ch1, sc in each st, ss to join
5. ch2, 2dc in same st, *ch 1, skip next 2 st, 2dc into next st, repeat from * (73 V+ch, then one extra dc), ss to join
6. ch2, dc in each st
7. ch1, sc in the third loop behind
8. ch2, dc in same st, *ch 3, skip three st's, dc in fourth st, repeat from *
9. ch2, dc in same st, *3dc in ch space, dc in next st, repeat from *
10. ch2, dc in same st, skip one st, *dc in next st, ch 1, dc in same st as previous dc, skip 2, repeat from *
11. ch2, dc in same st, dc in next st, *dc in ch sp, dc in next two sts, repeat from *
12. ch1, sc in same st, *ch 2, skip two sts, sc in third st, repeat from *
13. ch2, dc in same st, *2dc in ch sp, dc in next st, repeat from *
14. ch2, hdc in same st and in each st around
15. ss in each st around
16. weave in all loose ends (there are a ton since I changed colors each row, my least favorite part...)

Rows 4, 8 and 12 were the discontinued yarn, so I chose those stitches because I can't get any more of the yarn and I didn't want to use a different white than the matching hat.


Third loop behind from step 7.

Trying to work out the directions for step 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment